Home » All about me » English 110- Spring '22 » Source-Based Essay Proposal

Source-Based Essay Proposal

With never hearing about a source-based essay in my academic career, I didn’t know where to start. Based off the phrase “source-based”, I assumed that I would have to find sources that support whatever claim I decided to make in my paper. After going over the term and what the paper should entail, I came up with a couple of claims or options that could be discussed; from the topic of ADHD and the diagnosis or the lack thereof for both men and women, the effect of COVID on our economy, and lastly the effect of online classes compared to a traditional classroom setting which also ties into the COVID epidemic. These topics are all of interest to me and relate to my struggles and the struggle of many others, especially within the last couple of years. The COVID epidemic blindsided the world and forced all to adapt to a new lifestyle that is in effect to this day. In reference to ADHD: I was recently diagnosed and over the past few weeks of trying out different dosages and doing research, I have had many burning questions. Like why did it take me 19 years to get diagnosed? Why is it that more men get diagnosed than women? Why is it that I had to reach out to a therapist to get tested when I have been attending school and have dealt with licensed individuals who should have noticed that something was going on? Why did I show symptoms all throughout my school years just to get brushed off? This is just the brink of the burning questions that trouble me. It’s a topic that I am quite passionate about and ready to commit to.